CONTINUE READING TO SEE LENA SONG'S ANSWERS TO OUR QUESTIONS SO YOU COULD GET TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HER AND HER THOUGH PROCESS <3
1. So tell us a bit about yourself? Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Lena Song and I'm a 16-year-old photographer based in Atlanta, Georgia.
2. To start off, what made you choose photography, have you been doing it for a while now, or was it something you recently discovered?
I chose photography because it's something that I always liked as a child and I enjoy using it as a medium of self-expression. I've been shooting professionally since 2016, but I think I started to discover my style, and which types of photography I enjoy last year.
3. Was there a time where you felt like your photography could be a long term thing or that it could take you places?
Of course! I am hoping to become a photographer when I grow up and I'm hoping to go to college for it as well.
4. How do you plan out your work, do you have a certain process that you like to follow, or do the ideas just come to you?
I'll randomly be inspired by things and will do shoots based on miscellaneous objects, concepts, etc.
5. How did your role as a photographer develop or progress since you started social media?
I started posting my work on social media last year. It's helped me connect with really amazing people and it's been really beneficial for my career as well. I find a lot of inspiration from social media as well and it's helped me grow and help me understand what style I want to achieve.
6. What is your day-to-day routine when it comes to doing a photoshoot?
I honestly don't think I have a set routine for photoshoots. Most of the planning is done beforehand, such as set design or location, mood board, and wardrobe. I just have to make sure I have all my things together, battery pack, lens, etc. and start shooting.
7. and finally, If you got the chance to work with anyone? Who would it be?
I would love to work with Savana Ogburn. She's an Atlanta based photographer and collage artist. Her style is so unique and I would love to be able to work with her one day.